Saturday 25 May 2013

Today's Take On 60s Mod

Each week I write a little 'Beauty Spot' for The Sentinel. A few weeks ago I did '60s Mod' and I was so chuffed with this look that I needed to share it with my followers.

I couldn't big myself up without giving the other beautiful bloggers a little shout out who also write for The Weekend Sentinel too. Charlotte is a true inspirational writer, she does some amazing 'tried and tested' post. If you're even in Stoke or actually live in stoke and have a party, wedding or want a true expect, I recommend Rachael. She's a bubbly girl with a keen eye for great looks. Each week I really enjoy reading Fiona's beauty spots. I love how much detail and thought goes in to every post, you can really tell she puts pride in to what she loves to do. 

image:Google
This season 60’s Mod is back! Gucci, Marc Jacobs, and many more were showing off their take on the look on the catwalk for Summer/Spring 2013. Many celebs have been sporting this look for years such as Lana Del Rey and Adele. 

images:Google


It’s all about adding detail to your eyes. Start with a pale eye shadow and start adding on the earth warmth tones for a smoky eye look. No 60’s inspired look would be complete without liquid eyeliner. Add your favorite thick eyelashes to this look, don’t forget detail is the key! Their brows were well groomed and bold. The lips were kept very natural and they were mainly matte. Matte can often make your lips look dry and flaky so use a lip balm before applying.



This is my favorite brow kit off all time and it's affordable! With a pair of tweezer at hand and a brush, you can create a bold brow on the go. 
This Gel liner is great for beginners and when you've finished with the brush you can un-do it and pop it in the top.
If you want to make a statement, you need these lashes. The applicator included is great for beginners. What's even more amazing is that the glue is super strong. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment