Friday 15 February 2013

Vintage By Mac

I popped in to Stoke yesterday to help and co-ordinate 'Vintage By Mac' fashion show with my partner and my friend Hannah who was modeling. It was a hepatic day and couldn't wait to get home and put my feet up as I had been up size 7 with 6 hours sleep! I've learnt so much and keen to do more events like it.

Douglas Macmillan have changed the back room of one of their charity shops in Stoke into a vintage room. It was absolutely gorgeous! They're are no words to describe how much effort and thought had been put into such a small room. They have really set the scene to show of the amazing clothes that have been given to their shop. Ok, I admit.. you walk past some charity shops and you think how tacky but when you step into that room you're just in vintage heaven. There was some amazing pieces in there that was sold in the matter of the models strutting their stuff.
Hannah was the youngest one modeling so it was great to have a chat with the older models and check out their opinion on Vintage. The older models loved how Hannah really wanted to wear the clothes and thought it was great to see a younger era getting involved with vintage.
The shop was packed through out the day and had a few photographers and journalists that popped in. It was great to have a word with the journalists, instead of writing down I worked in a chippy he put 'fashion and beauty blogger'! So not only have I gained experience, I've gained awareness of blogging in Stoke and bigged myself up.Elvis even popped down at the end to say Hi at the end of the day!
Is it me or does he look nothing like Elvis?!

If you've never heard of Douglas Macmillian before you really need to check their charity out. Douglas Macmillian are always helping others and put so much commitment in. If you would like more information click here.

Hannah is a part time model so check out her facebook page!



No comments:

Post a Comment